07 January 2015

Google Earth issues

I'm on a steady pace on entering all of the Titus atlas into Google Maps, however there seems to be an upper limit to the number of items that can be entered. Currently I'm around 2700 names, I believe there are around 6500 names total in the atlas. Google Maps seems to have an upper limit of 2000 items per layer and will not let me import my data. Currently I'm trying to find a work around, possibly splitting the layers in to 3-4 different ones.

So far I have finished the following districts:
Buckeystown, Middletown, Creagerstown, Emmitsburg, Catoctin, Hauvers, Petersville, Jefferson, Mechanicstown and Jackson.

Next I will start working on Urbana and I will also try and figure out a way to put all the information I have on Google Maps.

No comments:

Post a Comment