24 September 2014

More about me

As a first post it's probably a good idea to give you a bit about who I am. I was born and raised in Frederick county Maryland, I currently live in Montgomery county to be closer to work. I have worked for the Federal Aviation Administration, FAA, for the past 14 years making aeronautical charts.

Around 1998 I began riding motorcycles. Since that time I've been lucky enough to travel through all of the lower 48 states and was able to do a month long trip through Europe. The amount of time riding went down when I had children. I currently ride a Suzuki V-Strom 650.

 When my mother died in 2005 I realized how little I knew of my family history, which really meant none. I found an older, hand-drawn family tree and a few older photos and it piqued an interest in my family. Since then I have been tracing my family history. For the past 3-4 years I have been a volunteer at the Frederick Historical Society a couple of Saturdays a month in the library. I also run the Main/Mehn/Mayne Family website.

 Recently I've been combining my two hobbies and that's what this blog is about, and to hopefully give you some tips and tricks for motorcycling and genealogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment